THE SIXTEENTH MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING ELECTROACOUSTIC COMPOSITION COMPETITION GUIDELINES
I. General Provisions
The Sixteenth MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING electroacoustic composition competition will be held from October 22nd to 27th in 2019. The competition is to promote the creativity and development of electroacoustic music as well as the integration of art and technology. The Organizing Committee of MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING 2019, the Chinese Federation of International Confederation of Electroacoustic Music (ICEM), Electroacoustic Music Association of China (EMAC), and the Center host the competition jointly for Electroacousitc Music of China (CEMC).
II. Grouping Rules
Based on the types of the work, the competition is in Academic and Applied two categories. The Academic Group is divided into A, B, C three groups. Applied category, Group D, is for MIDI compositions.
The duration of the work must not exceed 12 minutes.
Electroacoustic music with live instrument(s) and/or voice; The duration of the work must not exceed 12 minutes.
Multimedia Music of electroacoustic music and video (original video, cooperators permitted);
The duration of the work must not exceed 12 minutes.
MIDI / Electronic Music;
The duration of the work must not exceed 10 minutes.
III. Competition Requirements
The competition is open to all nationalities. Participants must be full-time students or composers under 40.
The works submitted to the competition must be originally created in 2018 or after, and have never been awarded in any other competitions. There are no limitations for the number of entries submitted by a composer. However, it is not allowed to submit the same work to different groups.
The complete application materials must be received no later than October 10th, 2019.
Entry fee is 200 RMB (could also be 28 Euro or 30 USD) for each composition submitted. For EMAC members or students only, the entry fee is 100 RMB. Please wire the money to:
Account Name: BEIJING YANGYUE YANYI LIMITED COMPANY
Account Number: 11050161540009000754
Name of the Bank：CHINA CONSTRUCTION BANK BEIJING BR.JINRONGJIE SUBBR.
SWIFT Code: PCBCCNBJBJX
Address of the Bank: BEIJING XICHENG DISTRICT XINGSHENG STREET NO.6
Method of payment:
1) Online-bank transfers; 2) bank transfer.
Please make sure to indicate that it is for Electroacoustic Composition Competition Entry Fee and provide your name.
The organizing committee will not be able to apply ATM transfer;
Contestants should send the scanned receipt/voucher of the transfer to email@example.com, otherwise the submitted work without this scanned receipt/voucher will be deemed to be given up automatically.
The MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING Organizing Committee holds the priority rights to give performance of the winning works, publish them in CDs, and promote them on MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING official website.
The award winners hold the authorship right and the rights to arrange performances and publishing for the winning compositions after the award.
To ensure fairness in the competition, any entry that involves plagiarism will be immediately subject to disqualification.
7. Submission Requirements:
Each applicant should submit the materials in a zip file and name all the title of each document in the format of [Group-Title-Name-Document], the required files are as following.
1) Application form in digital form (in both Chinese and English);
2) A signed letter in digital form to grant the MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING Organizing Committee the rights as stated in item 5 Copyrights. The hard copy version should be mailed to the committee.
3) Scanned official ID to confirm the age and identity of the applicant;
4) Scanned copy of the submission fee transfer receipt;
5) Works for submission.
8. Composition Submission:
1) For compositions in Group A: WAV audio file(s) (16 bit/44.1 kHz);
2) For compositions in Group B: WAV audio file(s) (16 bit/44.1 kHz) in which the instrumental/vocal and electroacoustic parts are mixed together. In addition, submit the score in digital form;
3) For compositions in Group C: MPEG or AVI file(s), all the video files should be anonymous, make sure the names are removed from the video file, otherwise it will be recognized as disqualified automatically;
4) For compositions in Group D: WAV audio file(s) (16 bit/44.1 kHz) and the original project files.
Please make sure that the file name should be the same as it appears on the application form.
9. Submission Methods:
Please prepare the materials in two sets. One should be mailed to MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING Organizing Committee, the other by e-mail to the official email address <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
IV. Selecting Process
1. In order to ensure fairness and authoritativeness, the Organizing Committee of MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING has invited prominent composers from different countries as juries.
2.The competition consists of preliminary and final stages. All the compositions will be judged anonymously. In preliminary stage, the jury panel will listen to the recordings of compositions anonymously and vote for the ones to enter the final round. In the final round, compositions will be judged and voted in front of live audience. Judges are also asked to make public comments on participating works. All the selected works for the final round of the competition and the winners name will be posted on the website, Facebook Page and official Wechat Page.
3.The awards include one First Prize, two Second Prizes, three Third Prizes and four Honorary Mentions in each group. Based to the recommendations of juries and the MUSICACOUSTICA Competition Committee, a special individual award could be added and certain prizes could be vacant.
4.The list of award winners will be announced at the MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING closing ceremony. The winning compositions will be released on CD and distributed globally, and the audio of the winning work would appear on the official website of MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING.
5. Selected winning compositions will be played on the Concerts of MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING next year.
V. Competition Funds
1. This competition is an academic activity and is non-profit in nature.
2. The prizes are partially funded by cooperation companies designated by the Organizing Committee of MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING.
VI. Contact Information
MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING 2019 Organizing Committee e-mail address: <email@example.com>
The address of the Organizing Committee:
Central Conservatory of Music “MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING Organizing Committee”
43 Baojia Street
P. R. China
(Please mark “MUSICACOUSTICA 2019 Competition Work” on the envelope.)
MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING Organizing Committee reserves the final interpretation rights for the guideline. Any revision of the guideline will be released promptly on the website: <http://www.musicacoustica.cn>.
Electroacoustic Composition Competition Organizing Committee of MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING 2019
30 July 2019