22-28. October | Central Conservatory of Music | Beijing, China
Call for Submission
We are pleased to announce the call for works for the CIME/ICEM 36th General Assembly organized by the Electroacoustic Music Association of China, MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING and the Central Conservatory of Music. You can find more information regarding the festival at <http://musicacoustica.cn>. Please find attached the Call For Music and the Application From. Both Concert Submission and Conference Presentation Proposals must be submitted by June 30, 2018.
Each National Federation or International Organization Member (OIM) may submit music for concert programming consideration. All members can submit up to 15 minutes of music total. It will be possible to program 30 minutes for federations or OIMs that will be attending. Please list the submitted works in order of preference.
Submissions can include works for fixed media, video, and works that include live performers. The available instruments are the regular orchestral instruments (Violin, Viola, Cello, Contrabass, Piccolo, Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Trumpet, Trombone, Horn, Tuba, Percussions, Piano and Harp) and Chinese traditional instruments. In addition, the theme of the conference is Convergence and we invite participants to submit an abstract of 500 words maximum for paper presentation consideration. Online presentations are possible via Skype.
Accommodation and lodging expenses for the duration of the Festival will be covered by the host for one delegate from each member organization of CIME. Concert Submissions and Conference Presentation Proposals must be submitted by June 30, 2018.
Please direct any questions you may have about the submission process directly to: Zhang Xiaofu – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mengjie Maggie Qi – email@example.com
Marek Choloniewski – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to seeing you all in Beijing.!
- From airport to hotel:
You will be arriving at PEK airport; if you have bulky luggage, we recommend taking a taxi to the hotel, which costs less than 200RMB.
- Address of the hotel:
Golden Sun Commercial Hotel
No.85 Xibianmen Street, Xicheng Disctrict, Beijing, China.
phone number: +86-10-63012999
- Address of Central Conservatory of Music:
43 Baojia Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, China, 100031
- A registration desk is open from 10:00 am 24 Oct. till 5:00 pm everyday.
- You will not be able to have wifi access on the campus, so A new sim card is highly recommended for travelling in Beijing, because you will need the data for sending iMessages, GPS, or making phone calls when it is necessary.
- You will need VPN to access to Google related website or apps (google drive, gmail, etc.), Facebook, Messenger. For iPhone users, ExpressVPN is recommended, or other VPN apps you are currently using would work.
- Breakfast is included in the hotel from 7:00 to 9:30 am, on the first floor of the hotel, called Chaoniu Yan restaurant.
- Lunch and dinner will be provided at the dining hall at Central Conservatory of music, it locates on the first floor of new students’ dorm building. A meal voucher needs to be handed to the waiter/waitress when you come in.
- WIFI name in the hotel starts with “WX”, no password needed.
- Restaurants nearby the conservatory will be mainly Chinese food; this will be illustrated in the map. Café on the first floor of multifunctional building serves coffee, pizza, pasta etc.
- Multifunctional Building is the very tall building in front of the fountain.
- Recital Hall is towards to the other side of the fountain, face to east, it is a lower building with two floors, and posters will be seen outside of the building.
- Dining Hall is on the way to the new opera hall, go through the east gate of the campus, turn left for 2 mins walk, then you will see an isle between two buildings, the dining hall is on the right.